CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Minus 1


I guess the stick figure picture of my family is no longer correct. We are now minus 1 dog. Sorry Kelty but you were the only member of the family that could be given away with out tears! With #4 on the way, the amount of dog hair on the floor, on our clothes, and yes even sometimes in our food...I just couldn't do it anymore! Besides the fact that every time I looked at her I felt guilty!! She's a Lab and needs exercise. The one thing that I was the only one to do anything about, and didn't ever give her enough of! Jacob and I just got to the point where we just didn't like having her around. I hated feeling guilty all the time and I couldn't stand it when she got in to the trash or any food. And boy could she find any food that might have been left around. Drove me crazy! So, we wanted to give her a better life. Owners who would love her, exercise her, pet her, spend time with her. Now she's someone else's dog that I'm sure gives her all that stuff. Plus she has a dog pal to hang with when no one's home. It was a little hard to give her up. I felt like a dog owner loser. We've had her since she was a puppy-4 1/2 yrs! But, I must admit that I don't miss her, the everyday guilt is gone, and I seem more peaceful. I was prone to let Kelty be the brunt of my frustration and she was the one that would get yelled at. The only thing I miss is the kitchen floor isn't magically void of food and crumbs anymore :(

So, there you have it. We're just not the dog lovers we thought we were!

2 comments:

Baby Ruth said...

Wow- I can't believe your dog is gone! Crazy! That thing was so huge- sorry, I actually am terrified of big dogs, so, I think you made a wise decision. hehe. good to see your cute family!

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

I. Don't. Like. Dogs. The only way I would have a dog is if we had a huge yard (like the one in your blog backgroud), so I would never have to see it. lol. Sorry dog lovers, for sounding harsh!!