CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

My crazy plant!!

So, normally I'd say I definitely do not have a green thumb! I'd describe my experiences with plants as a brown thumb because I seem to kill every plant I've ever had. The worst was a plant Jacob gave me when we were first married and expecting Ethan. He did the whole I know you'll be a good mom because you can take care of a simple plant. Well, that plant didn't last long!! But, lucky for my kids, I can't over water them and I can put sunscreen on them if they're outside too long! And I can understand their wants and needs better than I can judge what the heck to do with a plant. How much is too much water by the way?!

Anyway, for Christmas our Young Women's President gave me this plant. My first reaction was, "Great! She doesn't know my background with plants! Hope she knows this thing has no chance in my hands!" So, I read the instructions and did exactly what it said. They seemed simple enough: After planting, water as needed. OK I can do that. So when the bulbs started growing I was excited. Before long I noticed that it seemed to be growing several inches during the night! One bulb's leaves grew like crazy but the flowers all wilted away without ever growing and the other one's flower grew like the beanstalk in 'Jack and the Beanstalk.' Yet the leaves didn't really grow and the other flowers, too, wilted. Maybe the plant can just feel the love! Or maybe there's something really wrong with Riverside water!!


Here's the plant next to Ethan and Sierra so you could see the craziness!


1 comments:

The McKameys said...

HOly cow! What a plant!